Monday May 7, 2018
Happy Birthday to our beloved Pujya Deepakbhai….
9th May will mark our beloved Pujya Deepakbhai’s birthday. On such a significant day let it serve as an appreciative reminder to all the mahatmas throughout the world of his dedicated, unstinting, ‘selfless service’ (seva) over the last forty-two years.
Consistently, throughout these years, Pujya Deepakbhai has performed all the seva which was assigned to him (and much more) with the highest level of sincerity, purity, nobility, humanity and commitment. He has done so without any partiality towards any particular type of seva and applied the same remarkable standards for all the types of sevas he was involved in.
His equanimity and absolute dedication was manifest even in the seva that Pujyashree was involved in the initial small tasks assigned to him. These included:
- General duties comprised of cleaning (sweeping and mopping).
- Clearing away flowers and debris following Param Pujya Dada Bhagwan’s spiritual discourses (satsang).
- Arranging floor mats for sitting and then picking them up after the satsang.
- Putting away Param Pujya Dadashri’s shoes, coat, lighting His pipe and cleaning it.
- Carrying books and material to various satsang
- Carrying luggage for mahatmas.
- Dropping and picking mahatmas up from the airport or train station.
After some time, Pujya Deepakbhai became heavily involved in writing Param Pujya Dadashri’s speech during satsang and editing after office hours. He then began to help Pujya Niruma compile Param Pujya Dadashri’s speech into books. A seva which continues even today.
- His nobility and sincerity were best observed when he let new mahatmas join in the seva of writing Param Pujya Dadashri’s speech. He taught them everything he knew and held nothing back. If someone did less work or moved to another assignment, then he would complete the remaining work without saying a word.
- If some aspects of the seva were particularly successful he did not take the credit, he shared the credit with everyone. Similarly, if something had gone wrong, or the work had been delayed he took the blame on to himself.
- Subordinates who worked with him were never treated disrespectfully or with authority, he explained things to them efficiently, smoothly and got the work done.
- Pujya Deepakbhai even paid for expenses incurred out of his own pocket without letting others know. He was frugal when it came to spending for himself, but generous when it came to spending for mahatmas.
The results of his selfless service and sincerity can be seen today. All the seva Pujya Deepakbhai did was behind the curtains i.e. not in the public eye, and as a result, nature placed him in front of everyone.
This is a very short outline of Pujya Deepakbhai’s accomplishments of seva to date and his unstinting dedication to help the salvation of the world.
Let us ALL, as mahatmas, take one step forward by participating in Param Pujya Dada Bhagwan’s 111th Janma Jayanti seva and be an instrumental in the Param Pujya Dadashri’s mission for the salvation of the world. Let us ALL unite in our inner intent, by making Pujya Deepakbhai’s seva message into a reality. Just like Pujya Deepakbhai, we too can make tremendous advancement in the knowledge of the Self (Gnan) through seva, which can be free from kashays by applying the Five Agnas and remaining in Gnan.
Let this be a reminder to inspire us, Mahatmas, to elevate our conduct ourselves. Let us all try to attain the very highest level of seva that Pujya Deepakbhai has performed remarkably over the past 42 years.
Pujya Deepakbhai’s seva message related to Param Pujya Dada Bhagwan’s 111th Janma Jayanti:
“The mind, speech and body will do the seva and We will remain in the Five Agnas and in the knowledge of the Self (Gnan). We will do seva without kashays and apply the Five Agnas and remain in the awareness. Before everything was in the form of theory and now it will be practical - the awareness and Five Agnas with seva free of kashay. Seva without anger, pride, greed and deceit goes towards the side of liberation (moksha).”